Check out our range of fun animal lesson plans that feature interesting animal facts and cool activities for kids.
Make a Spider
This lesson plan focuses on teaching children about spiders while letting them get creative by making their own spider web and finishing it off as a cool looking collage. Make a spider web with this fun activity that’s perfect for kids.
What you'll need:
- For the webs: Wool, skewers and string
- For the spiders: Yoghurt containers, paper cutouts, a stapler, pipe cleaners, string, eyes and glue
- For the collage: Black paper, colored strips of paper, crayons
- Talk about spiders with the students.
- Ask the children to describe a spider.
- What do they look like? (color, size, legs, etc)
- Where have the children seen them?
- How do they catch their food?
Make a spider web:
- Show the children the materials they will work with and discuss ideas about how they could make a web using these materials.
- Start with a frame and weave in some fibers.
- Demonstrate how to weave wool around the frame.
- Get the children to make a web
- Use stuffed paper circles or yoghurt containers for the body, pipe cleaners or paper for the legs etc.
- Let t he children make spiders to put in their web.
- Finish by making a collage out of the webs and spiders.
- The children attach their spiders and webs onto some black card.
- From here they can make it look cool with extra paper, glitter etc.